Berlin's Christmas Markets
There is no better way of getting into the spirit of the season than by visiting Berlin’s traditional Christmas markets with their vast variety of hand-crafted goods and traditional food and drinks. If you get cold a “Glühwein” (hot mulled wine) or two will have you feeling warm and cosy in no time.
We take you to three of the most attractive markets in the city. We begin the tour at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, the iconic landmark of West Berlin, where you will learn about the rich history of this part of town. Afterwards we move on to the beautiful Charlottenburg Palace, where the Christmas market has been a local favourite for many years. The final stop is Spandau, which boasts one of the biggest Christmas markets in Germany, but is rarely visited by tourists. With its well-preserved medieval centre around the fourteenth century St. Nicholas Church, Spandau is the ideal setting to enjoy the festivities.
When the tour is over, you're free to linger and discover more on your own.
- Shortly after completing your booking, you will receive an e-ticket by email. Please bring this ticket with you on your tour.
- The tour starts the taxi stand outside Berlin Zoo station (Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten). Here you will find the guide from Original Berlin Walks.
- As this tour incl. rides with the Berlin Subway, please bring an AB public day pass transport ticket or buy one from the guide (price currently €6.70).
- Children under 12 years old are free, when accompanied by a paying adult. Youth price is for all under 26 years old.
- The tour is in English.
- The tour is on rain or shine, so please wear clothes and shoes that are weather appropriate.
- Food and drinks are not included in the price.
- The tour runs Advent Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 PM.
- The Berlin Christmas Markets tour ends at the Spandau market.